HOW YOU’LL HELP US KEEP CLIMBING (OVERVIEW & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES)
The Administrative Assistant will report to the Vice President of Fleet and will perform advanced, diversified, and confidential administrative duties. These duties require broad a high level of attention to details, interpersonal and planning skills, and a knowledge of organizational practices. Candidates will enjoy working in an energetic and fast-paced environment, combining an ability to anticipate needs, prioritize, and work independently with strong attention to detail and a can-do positive attitude. Candidates will possess strong verbal and written communication skills, an ability to multi-task seamlessly, and strong decision-making ability. In this role, you will have daily interaction with employees at all levels both inside and outside the Company and require a high degree of professionalism and business presence.
Specific Responsibilities Include, but not limited to:
- Managing a complex schedule, anticipating needs, resolving issues, and interacting positively with all involved.
- Acting as the face of the group greeting visitors of all levels and resolving issues.
- Exercising extensive calendar management for leaders and resolving aggressive scheduling demands
- Acting as a guide and information source on procedures, processes, and practices.
- Anticipating business needs and priorities, using strong interpersonal skills, planning and problem solving.
- Building strong rapport with peers across the organization to increase effectiveness and solve problems smoothly
- Assisting with documents and plans using MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) including drafting and/or proofreading
- Scheduling and managing larger events and meetings, using good rapport and thinking ahead on needs and timelines.
- Coordinating details of event planning and logistics including meetings, A/V conferencing set-up, conference rooms, presentation and materials preparation, agenda and speaker tracking, venue layouts, etc
- Completing and reconciling vouchers and expense reports in a high quality and timely way.
- Ordering office supplies, coordinating facilities requirements, and preparing certain reports.
- Organizing domestic and international travel arrangements which includes flight reservations, hotels, etc.
- Handling confidential personal and business information effectively.
- Keeping tabs and ensures timely completion of a high volume of daily events and requests.
- Actively contributing to a positive group atmosphere
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
- Seven or more years previous Administrative Support experience required.
- Two years formal training may substitute for up to two years experience.
- Impeccable interpersonal skills are necessary to greet visitors, customers, and business partners or to make inquiries and exchange business information.
- Must have the ability to communicate with all levels of staff from front-line employees to senior executives.
- Must possess advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, MS Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Must have an ability to anticipate business needs and priorities of the executives.
- Must be highly organized with superior attention to detail to ensure that information is accurate and correct, that documents are grammatically correct, and that work is completed in a timely manner.
- Must have the ability to coordinate the schedules of multiple aspects of projects assigned by individual staff members or vendors.
- Must have the organizational/leadership skills necessary to develop or revise office procedures, prioritize and schedule work activities of self and others, and balance multiple assignments with limited direction.
- Should have a knowledge of corporate business processes and procedures such as travel, payroll, benefits, reimbursements, and expense reporting. Purchasing, and departmental budget management experience.
- Must be performing satisfactorily in present position
- Embraces diverse people, thinking and styles
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority
- High school education or GED equivalent required
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Demonstrates that privacy is a priority when handling personal data.
- Embraces a diverse set of people, thinking and styles.
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU A COMPETITIVE EDGE (PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS)
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of relevant experience preferred
- A record of proactively identifying issues and developing solutions