HOW YOU’LL HELP US KEEP CLIMBING (OVERVIEW & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES)
Delta Corporate Communications leverages strategic communications to constantly advance Delta as a trusted consumer brand and airline industry leader driven by our values and our people. Corporate Communications, like all of Delta, thrives on a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement.
The Administrative Assistant will report to and directly support the Vice President of Corporate Communications in addition to providing support to the Corporate Communications department. The candidate must be well organized, self-directed, flexible, team-oriented and enjoy problem-solving along with the challenges of supporting an office of diverse people and assignments. The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, strong decision-making ability and superior attention to detail, with an ability to multitask, anticipate needs, prioritize and work independently to perform advanced, diversified and confidential administrative duties.
Delta is committed to an inclusive culture in which a diverse mix of talented individuals thrive and contribute. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Delta’s dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is foundational for Corporate Communications’ ability to understand, reflect and connect with employees, customers, and communities.
- Exercising extensive calendar management for VP and department Directors, resolving aggressive scheduling demands and travel itineraries and arrangements.
- Screening telephone calls from a published media line and directs, often deadline-driven calls to the appropriate individuals. Using communication and interpersonal skills to greet and screen customers, business partners, and employees; and resolves routine and complex inquiries.
- Handling confidential personal and business information effectively
- Preparing/initiating correspondence, memoranda, reports, transcribing and distributing meeting minutes.
- Reserving conference rooms and arranging catering as necessary.
- Operating word processing software and assists in developing, implementing, and monitoring internal business systems and procedures.
- Managing flight arrangements for select media and VIPs.
- Ensuring an overall positive and tidy office environment. Maintaining office supplies and common office purchases using purchasing account.
- Administering filing system and completing and submitting vouchers, expense reports; approving invoices for the department and tracking against the overall budget.
- Filing, documenting, and preparing reports, presentations, org charts, memos, letters, and other documents utilizing MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook.
- Facilitating onboarding for new team members including procuring equipment, ID, etc. in a timely fashion and helping them acclimate to the team.
- Arranging for VIP badges for visitors and setting up tours of the facility when necessary.
- Performing ID renewals for contractors.
- Assisting with event planning and execution.
- Acting as part of the communications crisis response team.
- Building strong rapport with peers across the organization to increase effectiveness and solve problems smoothly
- Practicing safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
- Must be able to type a minimum of 60 words per minute.
- Must have advanced computer skills in Microsoft Outlook and Word.
- Must have the ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of staff, from frontline employees to executive staff, and external contacts. Should have the necessary skills to effectively write business correspondence and work procedures.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be flexible, resourceful, and efficient in a fast-paced environment.
- A self-directed team player with an energetic can-do work attitude, initiative, and professional presence.
- Should have the communication skills necessary to screen and route calls and make inquiries regarding business processes or schedules and be able to communicate and direct the assignments and responsibilities of others as necessary.
- Ability to anticipate needs and priorities of department leaders.
- Knowledge of corporate business processes and procedures such as travel, payroll, benefits, reimbursements, and expense reporting; purchasing and departmental budget management experience is preferred.
- Attention to detail to ensure information is accurate and correct, that documents are grammatically correct, and that work is completed in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate and manage competing priorities and schedules.
- (If transferring internally) Must be performing satisfactorily in current position.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU A COMPETITIVE EDGE (PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS)
- Knowledge of corporate business processes and procedures such as payroll, benefits, reimbursements, and expense reporting, purchasing and departmental budget preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint is strongly preferred.