HOW YOU’LL HELP US KEEP CLIMBING (OVERVIEW & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES)
The Administrative Assistant will report to the Senior Vice President, Global Marketing Officer and will perform advanced, diversified, and confidential administrative duties. These duties require broad and comprehensive experience, a high level of interpersonal and planning skills an ability to anticipate, and a knowledge of organizational practices. Candidates will enjoy working in an energetic and fast-paced environment, combining an ability to anticipate needs, prioritize, and work independently with strong attention to detail and a can-do positive attitude. Candidates will possess strong verbal and written communication skills, an ability to multi-task seamlessly, and strong decision-making ability. In this role, you will have daily interaction with employees at all levels both inside and outside the Company and require a high degree of professionalism and business presence.
- Managing a complex schedule, anticipating needs, resolving issues, and interacting positively with all involved. Acting as the face of the group greeting visitors of all levels and resolving issues.
- Exercising extensive calendar management for leaders and resolving aggressive scheduling demands.
- Acting as a guide and information source on procedures, processes, and practices.
- Anticipating business needs and priorities, using strong interpersonal skills, planning and problem solving.
- Building strong rapport with peers across the organization to increase effectiveness and solve problems smoothly. Assisting with documents and plans using MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint) including drafting and/or proofreading.
- Scheduling and managing larger events and meetings, using good rapport, and thinking ahead on needs and timelines. Coordinating details of event planning and logistics including meetings, A/V conferencing set-up, conference rooms, presentation and materials preparation, agenda and speaker tracking, venue layouts, etc.
- Completing and reconciling vouchers and expense reports in a high quality and timely way.
- Gathering, compiling, and reporting information relevant to leader’s area of responsibility.
- Assisting in development, implementing, and monitoring internal business systems and procedures e.g., onboarding new members, managing planning.
- Ordering office supplies, coordinating facilities requirements, and preparing certain reports.
- Organizing domestic and international travel arrangements which includes flight reservations, hotels, etc.
- Handling confidential personal and business information effectively.
- Keeping tabs and ensures timely completion of a high volume of daily events and requests.
- Actively contributing to a positive group atmosphere.
This role will also organize and execute team building activities to build the marketing culture as a fun, creative, and collaborated team environment.
A career at Delta not only gives you a chance to see the world, we provide excellent benefits to help you keep climbing along the way!
- Competitive salary, industry leading profit sharing and 401(k) with generous direct contribution and company match
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability and life benefits
- A detailed wellness plan that recognizes the importance physical, emotional, financial and social wellbeing
- Domestic and International flight privileges
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
- Seven or more years previous Administrative Support experience.
- Two years formal training may substitute for up to two years of experience.
- Impeccable interpersonal skills are necessary to greet visitors, customers, and business partners or to make inquiries and exchange business information.
- Must have the ability to communicate with all levels of staff from front-line employees to senior executives.
- Must possess advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, MS Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Must have an ability to anticipate business needs and priorities of the executives.
- Must be highly organized with superior attention to detail to ensure that information is accurate and correct, that documents are grammatically correct, and that work is completed in a timely manner.
- Must have the ability to coordinate the schedules of multiple aspects of projects assigned by individual staff members or vendors.
- Must have the organizational/leadership skills necessary to develop or revise office procedures, prioritize, and schedule work activities of self and others, and balance multiple assignments with limited direction.
- Should have a knowledge of corporate business processes and procedures such as travel, payroll, benefits, reimbursements, and expense reporting. purchasing and departmental budget management experience.
- Must be performing satisfactorily in present position.
- High school education or GED equivalent
- Embraces diverse people, thinking and styles.
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.