Grow, develop and implement marketing and sponsorship strategies to generate new business and increase revenue and branding opportunities from new and existing clients. This position will facilitate the day-to-day management of activities in North America and act as the main point of contact between external and internal stakeholders.
- Engage with invited guests to ensure hospitality logistics are communicated and seamless.
- Utilize entitlements to organize a minimum of 2 local events for trade per year, per asset.
- Travel to assets to ensure coordination of events and hospitality exceeds expectations of those in attendance at events.
- Maintain inventory control, dispatch, storage, and reorder when necessary.
- Develop a strategic plan for local assets and events.
- Support the planning, management and execution of local events, webinars, trade shows, conferences, familiarization trips, sales missions, receptions and roadshows with participating sponsors, partners and the wider Etihad team in US and CA.
- Day-to-day lead and local liaison around Etihad sponsorship assets including e-ticket distribution, event guest lists, catering, entertainment requirements, guest communications, prize letters, branded content and signage to ensure program deliverables are completed on time.
- Review sponsorship proposals and provide feedback as required
- Time management, budgeting and appropriate delivery of sponsorship programs and assets at every level of the project
- Coordinate cross-functionally with various internal and external teams, including but not limited to: Sponsorships, Marketing, PR/Media, Communications, Sales Support, Trade, Corporate, MICE, Tourism Boards, Government entities, Hotels, Business Associations, Senior Management, HR, Legal, and Airline Operations.
- Local market main point of contact for HQ Regional Marketing team; providing in market support for all HQ agreed marketing campaigns, travel trade and frequent flyer marketing communications.
- Design an annual trade database calendar, draft email copy, build email, manage dispatch of emails, and maintain folder of email templates.
- Drive database growth activity using social media, blog posts, webinars, etc.
- Win FOC partnerships opportunities.
- Manage dedicated Etihad local events.
- Activation of all opportunities to ensure Etihad maximizes the value of each association.
- Lead and manage relationships of HQ agreed campaigns.
- Lead and develop partnership opportunities with the trade team and commercial enterprises.
- Assist with developing local marketing strategy and define goals related to customer acquisition, lead generation and revenue.
- Assists with the creation of strategic marketing plans and presentations, including defining partner value propositions and competitive analysis.
- Ensure quarterly stock reviews are completed, quarterly ordering and monthly dispatch to sales team, in addition to vendor management of marketing collateral.
- Send images, logos, giveaways, sales presentations, video content and marketing material to partners on behalf of the Etihad Americas team and key partners.
- Ability to work together with team to refine marketing plans to ensure budget optimization
Education & Experience
- BA/BS degree with minimum 1 year experience in Marketing, Advertising, Sponsorship or Sales ideally within the airline or travel industry
- Highly organized and comfortable in fast-paced environment, ability to prioritize large volume of projects
- Must be detail-oriented, proactive, organized and can follow-up often while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to route and track creative feedback/approvals and effectively communicate to internal teams.
- Ability to collaborate with members of multiple divisions within Etihad.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of airline marketing a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Google Analytics a plus
- Ability to produce routine reports and correspondence;
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people from various cultures
- Maintains positive attitude and constructive approach to projects;
- Ability to grasp abstract concepts, summarize and break them down for others to understand;
- Teamwork: team player with a can-do attitude and willingness to pitch in to help get the work done, even if it requires overtime;
- Ability to work independently in remote settings, as well as with a team with a client service mindset;
- Highly self-motivated, adaptable and excellent verbal and written communicator
- Must have flexibility to work long hours, including some weekends
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 and quickly went on to become one of the world’s leading airlines. From its home in Abu Dhabi, Etihad flies to passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and North America. Together with Etihad’s codeshare partners, Etihad’s network offers access to hundreds of international destinations. In recent years, Etihad has received numerous awards for its superior service and products, cargo offering, loyalty programme and more. Etihad is recognised as one of the world’s leading airlines in response to COVID-19 and was the first airline in the world to fully vaccinate its crew on board.
Etihad sees tackling the climate crisis as the most important issue of our time, and through strategic partnerships with major global aviation brands and OEMs, Etihad is relentless in its pursuit of industry decarbonisation.