HOW YOU’LL HELP US KEEP CLIMBING (OVERVIEW & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES)
Supporting three Corporate Directors, the candidate must be able to work independently to perform advanced, diversified, and confidential administrative duties. This position requires broad and comprehensive experience, skill and knowledge of Delta’s programs, policies, and procedures. The candidate must be well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people and programs.
Summary of responsibilities (not comprehensive of all tasks):
- Files, documents, and prepares invoices, reports, memos, letters, and other documents, utilizing MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Outlook.
- Utilizes highly advanced multitasking skills, as well as the ability to manage multiple high-level projects.
- Manages and maintains multiple schedules, meetings, travel itineraries and participates in related arrangements.
- Reserves conference rooms and arranges catering as necessary to support meetings.
- Supports planning and execution of team events (on and offsite).
- Greets visitors, receives telephone calls, and prepares responses to correspondence containing routine and sometimes complex inquiries.
- Interacts with the office staff (at all levels) with a focus on team cohesion.
- Displays a comfortable, flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient attitude in a fast-paced environment, often under pressure.
- Acts with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
- Must have a high school diploma / GED equivalent.
- Must be able to coordinate the schedules of multiple aspects of projects completed by separate staff members or vendors.
- Must have the organizational/leadership skills necessary to develop office procedures, prioritize and schedule work activities of self and others and balance multiple assignments with limited direction.
- Must have advanced computer skills in Microsoft Outlook and proficiency in Windows-based applications like Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Must be team-oriented and able to coordinate activities across multiple departments, working closely with administrative assistants in other areas.
- Must have the ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of staff, from frontline employees to executive staff.
- Must be able to type a minimum of 60 words per minute.
- Must have the interpersonal skills necessary to direct the activities of others.
- Must have the necessary detail skills to ensure that information is accurate and correct, that documents are grammatically correct, and that work is completed in a timely manner.
- Should have 5 or more years of prior administrative assistant experience at successive levels of responsibility. (Two years formal training may substitute for up to two years of experience.).
- Must possess expert level written and verbal communication skills; strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
- (If transferring internally) Must be performing satisfactorily in current position.
- Embraces diverse people, thinking and styles.
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU A COMPETITIVE EDGE (PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS)
- Knowledge of corporate business processes and procedures such as expense reporting, purchasing and departmental budget is preferred.
- Financial experience as it relates to budget tracking and analysis is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.