HOW YOU’LL HELP US KEEP CLIMBING (OVERVIEW & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES)
Delta IT is on a journey of transformation. We are changing the way we do business from top to bottom. As leaders with vision within Delta, we strive to build important and innovative solutions and are looking for team members to help us realize our vision.
Delta employees are problem solvers, doers, innovators.
We are proactive.
We are collaborative.
We deliver impact to our customers.
Join us on our transformation journey in becoming a best-in-class IT organization at the world’s best airline!
The Associate Security Engineer works within the enterprise systems to identify disruption in system availability either due to fault in the system or due to breaches. They investigate the disruption when it occurs. They share their findings with management in the form of a post-mortem report.
- Enabling adoption of security standards through common patterns and technical details.
- Configure, troubleshoot, and maintain security infrastructure software and hardware.
- Updating knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards.
- Identifying possible security threats and resolving the best security measures, including mitigating controls to reduce risk when it’s not possible to eliminate it.
- Suggesting improvements to existing security systems.
Why You’ll Love Delta!Our culture is rooted in a shared dedication to living our values – Honesty, Integrity, Respect, Perseverance, and Servant Leadership – every day, in everything we do. Exploring a career at Delta gives you a chance to see the world while providing great beneﬁts to help you keep climbing along the way:
- Competitive salary, industry-leading proﬁt sharing, and 401(k) with generous direct contribution and company match
- Comprehensive health & wellness beneﬁts including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability and life beneﬁts
- Domestic and International Flight privileges for employees and eligible family members
- Career development programs are available for your long-term career goals
- Access to subsidized and vetted Backup Care for children, adults, and pets through Care.com
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
- 0-2 years’ experience in Information Security or relevant technology training or education is required.
- Eager and willing to learn in a fast-paced environment
- General understanding of identity & access management fundamentals
- General understanding of cloud platforms
- General understanding of PowerShell and/or Java scripting
- General understanding of .NET applications
- General understanding of Active Directory and Active Directory services
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the business and the ability to assess and address risk without negatively impacting the business
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems
- High School diploma, GED or High School Equivalency.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Demonstrates that privacy is a priority when handling personal data.
- Embraces a diverse set of people, thinking and styles.
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU A COMPETITIVE EDGE (PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS)
- Knowledge of Unix & Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of the functions of various security infrastructure, including firewalls
- Intrusion Prevention Systems, Proxy Servers, Security Event Managers, VPNs
- Ability to identify vulnerabilities in networks, systems and applications using COTS tools and manual processes