Kuwait Airways is actively recruiting for Cargo Officer in LHR, United Kingdom.
In this role, you will carry out clerical duties related to cargo reservations on KAC aircraft. This involves assisting in arranging reservations and routing for cargo as requested using timetables, airline manuals, reference guides, and tariff books. You are to type requested flight number on keyboard of on-line computer reservation system and scan screen to determine space availability and advise customers accordingly.
Roles and responsibilities:
• You are to receive daily 80-100 telexes, other messages and instructions related to outbound cargo reservations on KAC flights. You are to take direct reservation requests from customers, check space availability on computer and advise them accordingly.
• You are to advise outstations about backlog at Kuwait and other stations as directed by the Senior Officer, Cargo Reservations. This includes preparing and updating daily backlog sheets for all KAC stations, transmitting backlog data to various stations and keeping them informed of expected cargo delay for various destinations.
• You are to assist in preparing flight folders for all outgoing flights a week in advance and attaching all booking requests, telexes or otherwise, to flight folder, compiling cargo booking sheet summarizing particulars of booked cargo, i.e. airway bill, number of pieces, weight commodity, carrier, etc., and passing the completed folder to the Senior Officer for review.
• You are to operate computer terminal for entering details of cargo to be booked or cancelled, this includes advising supervisor or Supervisor, Systems and Procedures in case of terminal failure and maintaining manual records to back up computerized records and to ensure smooth operation in case of system failure.
• You are to assist in reviewing space availability telex from Load Planning and Control and change of aircraft type from Operations, and you are to liaise with other units in the Export Terminal for adjustment of load and station allotments accordingly, telexes outstations of short notice changes in space availability.
• Completion of Secondary (12 years) education.
• 3 years of experience in cargo handling or passenger reservations.
• Proficient in English.